I recently created a VM for
- Shut Down your Virtual Machine completely, suspending it will NOT work!
- Find the main .vmx file for your Virtual Machine, right click, and choose Edit
- Look for the line:
ethernet0.addressType = "generated"
- Once you've located the line, ABOVE it enter the following code:
ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"
- Save the file and power on your Windows 7 Virtual Machine. It should automatically detect the network adapter and install the components.
- Join your domain (if necessary).